By definition, a Professional Manager shall be an individual who has achieved an acceptable tertiary qualification at the Bachelor’s Degree level, and with suitable professional development education, training and experience who performs his duties in a managerial position. His/her duties shall be that of an individual that through the direction and execution of his/her managerial tasks performed at the level expected of a Master’s Degree graduate. He/she may be registered within the Faculty or any subsequent body locally or overseas, admitted to corporate membership of recognized professional learned institutions locally or abroad. His/her duties shall be performed in a responsible manner and he/she shall accept responsibility of any decisions made under his/her appointment as manager. When admitted to membership within this Guild, shall accept and observe the Code of Conduct of the IPEES applicable to registrants.
The following shall apply for those who wish to be admitted:
1. Route 1: They must be admitted within the Managerial Chapter of the Faculty at the Corporate Member grades with employment as managers at a senior level.
2. They must be eligible for Faculty Certification as Professionals within an appropriate category applicable to their careers, or
3. Hold a MBA Degree from a recognized university and be employed in an appropriate position in the direction or execution of his/her duties at a level expected of an MBA graduate.
4. Entitled to a separate certificate in the usual format indication his/her admission within the Guild.
5. Accept the terms and conditions, if any, to be an admitted Guild member and the voluntary approval to the IPEES to print and publish information about Syndicate members.
6. Application shall be made through the usual form applicable interest groups.
7. Route 2: Applicable to Non-Faculty members locally or overseas. Applicants will apply by using the usual form applicable to interest groups.
8. Applicants shall be suitably qualified as stipulated above in the definition. Non-members may be admitted from any country abroad, provided they are qualified at either the MBA level or Professional Manager’s level.
9. Non-IPEES members shall be paying the prescribed fees as applicable and membership shall be annually renewable.
10. A separate certificate in the usual format as applicable to route 1 above shall be issued to members.
11. For both routes 1 and 2, members shall have the same benefits as Corporate Members admitted within the Managerial Chapter.
12. The style and title in use shall be the same applicable to the Member grade, i.e., Pr. M. IPEES for both routes 1 and 2.
13. The Examination Committee may recommend to the Council to bestow suitable status to outstanding individuals and recommend them to be admitted within this Sub-section.
14. Where and when applicable members shall be entitled to their own Representative to represent then on special forums, conferences, functions or meetings. Route 2 members may be elected as serving members in any geographical area, or be appointed as Co-opted members by the Faculty. Co-opted members in any region recognized by the Faculty will be responsible for the management and appointment of any office bearers to assist in the management of affairs of this Sub-section.